Frequently Asked Questions
Room Selection Process for Upperclassmen
1. What is the housing assignment process?
The housing assignment process takes place in two phases. Phase 1 is contract submission which runs from Early March – Late March. Phase 2 is self-assignment which will begin mid April for upperclassmen.
2. When are housing contracts due?
The deadline for housing contracts is March 24, 2017 by 5:00 PM for upperclassmen.
3. Where do I get a housing contract?
All housing contracts are completed electronically. Students must log-in to the MyMercer portal and access “Macon Housing” to complete the housing contract.
4. How do I select my room choice?
You will access this through the MyMercer portal and the template will guide you step-by-step through the process.
5. How do I pull in a roommate?
Students will need their roommate’s PIN. The Roommate PIN is a unique number chosen by each individual student during the contract process. Do not give out your PIN unless you are giving permission to another student to set your housing
6. What if I change my mind on room choice?
You will be able to make room changes through the MyMercer portal until July 1,
7. What happens if I do not submit a housing application or am late in doing so?
1st, 2nd and 3rd years students required to live on-campus who do not follow directions and participate in the self-assign process will be manually assigned after the self-assign process has ended.
8. What if I have any questions or concerns?
Contact the Office of Residence Life at (478) 301-2687 or email email@example.com.