Housing Contracts are available for 2014-2015 beginning February 19, 2014:
You can access Undergraduate Housing Contracts through your MyMercer page.
Orange Street Rental Application (Not available for traditional undergraduate students)
- Log in to MyMercer
- Go to Housing/Residence Life
- Click on Housing Information
- Click on Contracts
- Select appropriate contract for your classification. Remember that housing is based on number of years in housing, not credit hours.
Terms and Conditions
Please print a copy of the Housing Contract Terms and Conditions for your records.
2014-2015 Priority Deadline to submit housing contract – March 21, 2014
Students must be enrolled at Mercer University as a traditional undergraduate student with a minimum of 3 credit hours per semester.
Traditional 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students are required to live on campus and should not enter into an off-campus housing agreement unless you have written release from the Office of Residence Life. The only exceptions to the residency requirement are students:
- who are over 21 years of age
- who are married
- who are parents and have their child living with them
- who live at home with a parent or guardian within a 40 mile radius of the Macon campus
- who are veterans
Housing Assignment Process
Students must complete an online housing contract located at MyMercer by the priority deadline. The housing contract is for an entire academic year for a space in University housing, not for a specific building or room.
First year students (New Freshmen) are assigned based on receipt of the enrollment deposit.
- Students are able to request a specific roommate; all roommate preferences must be mutual.
- Assignments for 1st year students will be made after all summer orientation sessions.
Second year and above students are assigned based on a Lottery Process:
- Each student is assigned a random computer generated lottery number.
- Students are able to pull in roommates when their number comes up.
- All roommate preferences must be mutual.
- Assignments are made beginning with the lowest lottery number.
- Separate lottery process is held for (Credit hours are not considered):
- 2nd Year Students
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Year Students
Students will not be allowed to make room changes until two weeks after move-in. Notifications with times and instructions for this process will be sent out at the beginning of the semester.
A student may NOT move into any room other than the one assigned to him/her without the approval from Residence Life. Unauthorized room changes are subject to an improper room change fee.
After the identified room change period at the beginning of each semester, residents without roommates may go through the Consolidation Process. They will have the following options:
- choose a roommate
- declare a private room and agree to an additional fee
- be prepared to have someone assigned to their vacant space at any time
To cancel a housing contract, a cancellation form must be completed and turned in to the Office of Residence Life. Please see the Terms and Conditions of the contract for eligibility and applicable fees.
Students who do not check in with the Office of Residence Life by the first day of classes of each term may be reassigned.
For further clarification of information above, please see the Housing Handbook.